new years day race

new years day race

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Nov 26, 2014 Passage to NZ update

"Land ho" exclaimed Harrison.

15 miles to go to the entrance to the Bay of Islands, then 12 more into the harbor. Everyone is getting very excited. I am dreaming about a dinner out. Gigi is dreaming about clean clothes that fit her. Axel is dreaming of ice cream. Gary is dreaming about a good night sleep. And Harrison is dreaming about getting back to Vancouver to see Angela.

We expect to get there about 4 pm. We really hope that the customs people will be able to clear us in today. We are busy preparing the boat for inspection. I have already had the fun of cleaning the ice box while heeling 30 degrees. I definitely was standing on my head for that good. I have thrown out or used almost all the veggies and fruit on board. Next I get to go through the remaining meats. I plan to leave some to see if they are ok or not. You never know.

This is a monumental landfall, as it means we are half way through the territory we plan to visit during this trip. Fortunately it is not yet half way through the time we plan to spend travelling.

Cheers,
Julie

3 comments:

  1. So exciting!!!
    Hi everyone :)
    When will the kids start school in NZ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving. Or day after Thanksgiving. Tell Axel not to be a turkey. Tell Gigi I lit my kitchen on fire cooking Thanksgiving dinner. No casualties except one flightless bird.

    ReplyDelete